CROWDFUNDING MEETS COMMUNICATION
Keep Nature Alive CC GmbH (KNA) is a professional company in public relations, (science) communication, fundraising and conservation and climate project management. This webpage is the first scientific accompanied science communication and crowdfunding platform aiming at making a difference for our planet’s biodiversity – for our and future generations. Keep Nature Alive works in close collaboration with internationally renowned partners in biodiversity research and conservation, such as Conservation and Research Fund e.V. (CRF).
“Working for more than 18 years in wildlife research for conservation at the Leibniz-IZW, I gained deep insights into current and future challenges for biodiversity. During my fascinating communication and research work at the Leibniz-IZW I experienced first-hand that there is a need of financially backing up conservation research projects – in addition to utilizing governmental grant structures. In order to save species from the brink of extinction, fast action and flexibility is needed. This is where the Keep Nature Alive Crowdfunding Platform can step in to secure swift and targeted funding that makes a difference for our planet,” explains Steven Seet, founder of Keep Nature Alive and Head of Science Communication at the Leibniz-IZW.
The KNA Communication and Crowdfunding Platform enables important and eligible conservation projects around the world to raise public awareness and needed funds to meet their aims. KNA supports projects that are dedicated to halting the loss of biodiversity and reducing the negative human impact on nature and climate. Supporters will learn something about conservation research work and its impact on biodiversity. The platform will help supporters to stay updated on the supported projects and is a hub for further support: Often, the projects and initiatives do not only lack financial resources, but also various kinds of practical and logistical support. You are very welcome to get in contact with the project initiators. The KNA Crowdfunding Platform will be accompanied by communication science to secure a sustainable knowledge exchange with different target groups.
“We can only decide to protect what we value; and we only value what we intimately know and experience with all senses. For this reason, we have designed Keep Nature Alive to be more than a conservation box office, a toll station for our planet – our aim is to inform, engage and motivate through communication and multi-faceted interaction. If we raise awareness for environmental challenges, spread knowledge about potential solutions and get supporters in contact with scientists and conservationists, we can make a positive impact on our natural world”, says Jan Zwilling, content creator of Keep Nature Alive.
Join us in our mission to support evidence-based conservation initiatives across the globe and get in touch to learn more about how we can save our planet’s biodiversity for our and for future generations!
Steven Seet, CEO of Keep Nature Alive CC GmbH
Gender equality plan of the Keep Nature Alive CC GmbH
Equality Work Plan 2023/2024 at Keep Nature Alive CC GmbH (KNA)
The Equality Work Plan at KNA was developed on the basis of the currently valid legal requirements (BGleiG and BGremBG of 24 April 2015), in implementation of the Implementation Agreement to the GWK Agreement on Equality of Women and Men in Joint Research Funding (AVGlei of 22 April 2016), the Target Agreement with the State of Berlin in implementation of the Implementation Agreement on Equality (AVGlei) of 20 September 2020. In this way, the CBA follows the equality guidelines of the Leibniz Association and the German Research Association.
KNA is sustainably committed to the following aspects in its internal gender equality work:
- Further development and creation of instruments or structures to improve working and training conditions that support and ensure KNA’s performance and equality,
- Strengthening the compatibility of family and work, as well as a healthy working atmosphere based on partnership and appropriate qualification offers as touchstones of an equality-oriented design of working conditions,
- Participation of women in committees, collegial bodies and management functions, i.e. in all essential decision-making structures and processes
3. Emplayment structure 2023
As a micro-enterprise, we work with cooperation partners and freelancers. At present, KNA has its own managing director. Future staff will be selected according to gender aspects as well as qualifications. In the case of equivalent qualifications, women are given preference.
4. Measures against sexual discrimination and violence
Sexual discrimination, harassment and violence are not tolerated at KNA. New employees are informed about equal opportunities and how to deal with each other as partners, as well as how to deal strictly with misconduct in the form of sexual discrimination and harassment.
- On the basis of personnel data, the situation at KNA with regard to equality issues is reviewed annually.
- Decisions that lead to deviations from equality objectives must be justified at CBA.
6. Qualification and prohibition of discrimination
The determination of qualifications is determined exclusively by the requirements of the jobs to be filled, in particular educational requirements and professional experience. Age, length of service and period of employment as well as the date of the last promotion or upgrading shall be taken into account only to the extent that they are relevant to the suitability of the applicants or to the extent that this is stipulated by law or collective agreement.
The following shall not be taken into account in the comparative assessment:
- Interruptions in employment, fewer years of active service or employment, reductions in working hours or delays in the completion of individual training courses due to the performance of family duties;
- the income situation of the spouse, partner or cohabiting partner;
- time constraints due to caring for children or relatives in need of care and the intention to make use of the possibility to reduce working hours.
7. Further improvement of women-friendly atmosphere and working conditions at KNA
Gender-equitable participation and inclusion: The participation of both genders or even gender parity is explicitly required in some commissions, committees and functions at KNA (e.g. internal and external committees, functionaries). It is important that gender perspectives are taken into account as a matter of principle. However, female groups and heads of department should not be disproportionately burdened with these activities, as this would lead to a systematic reduction in their performance compared to their male colleagues. Careful consideration is therefore given to which boards/commissions/committees gender perspectives are particularly relevant and whether a gender parity composition of participation of both sexes without gender parity is the more sensible option.
In topics such as communication behaviour, distribution of work and tasks or gender-specific behaviour patterns, prejudices and role clichés that exist on the topic of “women and work” and stand in the way of actual equality and equal rights for women are to be addressed and made aware. In order to encourage both men and women to develop an awareness of the problem, scientific lectures on gender research and related aspects are organised at KNA.
8. Reconciliation of work and family life
- KNA strives to extend fixed-term employment contracts to include parental leave and examines this possibility in each case.
- If necessary, employees are advised on finding appropriate childcare.
- The practice of flexible working hours has proven successful and will be maintained. Mobile working is possible in consultation with management.
- The strategy of designing flexible employment contracts, part-time contracts and the implementation of temporary replacements will be maintained. Experiences in practical implementation are collected and regularly evaluated.
The management of CBA shall annually review the fulfilment of the tasks to improve equality.
Berlin, Germany, 01.01.2023
………………………. ………………………. ………………………. ……………………….
Chief Executive Officer
Dipl. Soc. Steven Seet
Keep Nature Alive CC GmbH